- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped mint
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil - add a handful of salt once it boils.
- Place the butter and oil in a frying pan and cook the shallots gently for about 10 minutes, or until they soften and the butter turns slightly brown.
- Add all the spices, the salt and some pepper. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta for 2 to 3 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan.
- Pour the spiced butter over the pasta and stir well, then divide among four plates.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts and chopped herbs and serve.
I got this recipe from styleathome.com