- 300g Fresh Pasta (Pappardelle, Fettuccine or Tagliatelle)
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms
- 60g butter
- 60ml extra virgin oil
- 30g pine nuts
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained
- 6 large tomatoes, peeled & diced
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 80g grated parmesan
- Soak the mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes, drain and dice.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a heavy–based frying pan over medium heat. add pine nuts and toast for a couple of minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. add onion, garlic and rosemary and sauté, stirring, until onion is soft. add anchovies, squashing them to melt. add mushrooms, then tomato and season.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound pine nuts to a paste and add to sauce. simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. if the sauce seems dry, add a little water.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 3–5 minutes. drain and place in a bowl, pour sauce over, toss well and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
I got this recipe from express.co.uk/life-style/food