450 grams fusilli
3 tablespoons Telegraph Hill extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
225 grams boneless skinless chicken breast
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup dry Marsala
1 teaspoon saffron liquid extract, plus extra
1 sprig thyme, leaves only, for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and the pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion, carrot and celery, and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into small strips, season with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. Cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with the Marsala, adjust seasonings, and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Add the liquid saffron extract, and stir until dissolved into the sauce. Drain the pasta, add to the skillet, and toss.
- To serve, transfer to a pasta bowl, and garnish with thyme leaves.