- 2 x 90g cutlets or fillets of fresh salmon
- 4 cups good quality fish stock
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 200g Cucina Soba Noodles
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 3 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups of fresh vegetables cut into fine matchsticks or thin slices (courgette, red pepper, carrot, broccoli)
- 3/4 of a cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, and cook the noodles for 2-3 minutes, drain, rinse and set aside.
Bring the fish stock to the boil in a saucepan and reduce the heat to a simmer.
In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the stock with the miso paste then stir the into the remaining stock.
Add the thick slices of fresh Salmon to the miso stock and continue to simmer. Important to not let this boil as the Salmon will overcook.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the garlic and ginger for a minute. Add the sliced vegetables and stir fry another 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, honey, and bean sprouts, and toss through.
Divide the Soba noodles and vegetables between 2 large heated bowls and top with a piece of salmon then pour over the hot miso stock.
Buon appetito - or the Japanese equivalent!